Alberta Green Economy Network (AGEN) Values
- We acknowledge we are on First Nations traditional territory. We are all signatories to Treaties and are Treaty Peoples. We have a shared obligation to uphold the spirit and intent of the Treaties by being responsible stewards of the planet and respectful of the rights of all First Nations, Metis and Inuit people.
- We acknowledge and value the different strengths and assets we bring.
- We work cooperatively to reach our common goals and protect the public interest.
- We work in a spirit of cooperation and mutual respect.
- We work with hope to bring about a just transition that will benefit not only this generation but the next one as well.
Mission of Alberta Green Economy Network (AGEN)
- Help transition Alberta to a low carbon economy by developing and pushing for government policies that support the adoption of renewable energy, energy efficiency, mass transit and the reduction of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
- Develop credible low carbon economic strategies.
- Mobilize public support for policies that support the adoption of renewable energy, energy efficiency, mass transit and GHG emission reductions.
- Articulate the type of and potential for green, union and non-unionized jobs in Alberta.
- Become a respected and effective advocate for a sustainable environment.